Date first issued: 18 September 2002
Version Date: 18 September 2002
- This policy provides for the criteria for the granting of 13th-month pay advances to employees and the procedures to be observed in the processing of such requests.
- This policy applies to full-time University employees.
- In case of an unexpected and increasing need for financial assistance, an employee may avail of an advance from the 13th month pay entitlement.
- Availment period maybe from July to November of each calendar year.
- Amount is computed pro-rata depending on the month of the year, i.e. July is 7/12, Aug. - 8/12, Sept.- 9/12 and Oct. - 10/12. The full 13th month pay may be given for requests made on November.
- The pro-rated amount is ordinarily given for medical or educational emergencies.
- In case of death of the employee, especially if it is preceded by hospitalization or prolonged illness, the whole amount may be granted to the employee.
- Employee or his/her authorized representative, requests in writing stating his/her purpose for the advance.
- Unit/School Head or representative endorses request and gives to HRM.
- HRM evaluates and seeks approval from the Chair, Administrative Council or his alternate in his absence.
- If approved, HRM prepares request for check voucher, and forwards to AFU. Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605, Philippines Trunkline: (632) 637-0912 to 26 P.O. Box 13673, Ortigas Center Post Office
- HRM informs employee of approval.
- Employee checks with AFU availability of check or crediting of amount to his/her bank Payroll.